Dental implants are changing the way people live! With them, people are rediscovering the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh, and enjoy life.
Dental implants replace missing tooth roots. Like natural tooth roots, dental implants are embedded in the jawbone and provide stable anchors for replacement teeth. They also help preserve facial structure by preventing bone deterioration that occurs when teeth are missing. According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, the success rate of dental implants is between 92% and 98%.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are small posts or frames made of titanium or zirconium. They are surgically placed within the jawbone. The implants fuse with the jawbone, creating a secure foundation for the dental restoration that will be attached to the implants. The dental implant procedure requires three to six months of healing time and should be handled only by an experienced dentist.
Our practitioners are trained in surgical and restorative dental implant services that use top-notch techniques and materials. Before the procedure, we conduct comprehensive treatment planning for the patient that includes complete medical and dental evaluations to provide optimal, long-lasting results.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
The benefits of dental implants include:
- Dental implants can fill in the gaps in your smile, improving your appearance.
- They replace the root of the tooth, preventing further bone degeneration.
- Dental implants are more comfortable than other tooth replacement options as they do not require any adhesives.
- They can boost your self-esteem as they look and function like real teeth.
- They can improve your quality of life by allowing you to eat the foods you love, speak clearly, and smile confidently.
- Dental implants look just like natural teeth, so no one will realize you've had any dental work.
- Implants help to preserve your remaining teeth, and by preventing teeth from moving out of position, you can maintain a healthier and more attractive smile.
What Does Dental Implant Maintenance Involve?
Dental implants require the same care as real teeth. This means routine brushing and flossing. Even though you brush and floss your teeth regularly, you still need to visit the dentist every six months for an exam. This will ensure that your implant is functioning properly.
At Wade K. Marler, D.D.S, we offer the best dental care possible to each of our patients in a positive and relaxing environment. If you're ready to experience the best dental care, please contact us at (253) 852-0480 or visit us at 17203 SE 270th Pl, Covington, WA 98042.